Monday, March 11, 2013

About to start a food log again... YUCK!

When I was training for a show a couple years ago I wrote down everything that went into my mouth.  I kept track of it all and while I was not a fan of doing that everyday it was extremely helpful in understanding calories consumed and the effect of certain foods on my body.  I did the same when I was having digestive issues and trying to figure out what my "trigger" foods were!  However, these days I'm not so much a fan of "keeping" track; however, I'm frustrated because my body is taking notes.  I'm not a scale girl (even though I was ticked I was up a pound this AM 121); however, I know I'm not 100% compliant with my intake of NUTS... Man these little things are making me sick!  My body let go of the carbs, I have not cheated.  NOT ONCE!  But it wants the NUTS and this is making me NUTS.  I don't want to give them up totally but I have to do a much better job of controlling my intake.  So here goes:  I WILL NOT EAT THEM FOR A WEEK and I will track my food intake on http://www.myfitnesspal.com/!!!!  Let's see what happens to the scale and my waistline...

I was having a discussion with my sister friend yesterday and she said, "Don't get too skinny.  I don't want you looking weird.  I notice you get 'happy' when you lose weight."  I thought about that statement for a moment and I realized that happiness and energy are only the byproduct of what really brings me joy:  Obedience to discipline.  When I deny my flesh and overcome the pull of my carnal mind I find satisfaction because I pulls me closer to Yahweh.  I'm thankful that I'm able to overcome the "Lust of the Flesh..." and listen more to His leading.  I feel like I'm a step closer to becoming who He wants me to be... Totally dependent on HIM and what He desires for my life.  Not succumbing to the pull of that voice in my head that's asking, begging me, to destroy the picture of who He created me to be in my mind.  Like I said in my last post "I was made for more!!!"  You see, the physical discipline (food, my diet, my appearance, my environment/is my house clean?) is the outward expression of the inward discipline going on or the lack there of...

I'M OBSESSED WITH THE PICTURE HE HAS FOR ME... NO ROOM FOR LAZINESS OR PROCRASTINATION!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment